March 2017 ITPA Bulletin
27 March 2017
ITPA Spring Meeting
2017 ITPA Spring Meeting in Detroit
Join us in Detroit, MI for tours and an info packed meeting with the best in the industry. Click here for more details!
2017 ITPA Spring Meeting
The Henry, Autograph Collection
April 26-28, 2017
Speakers: Mike Campion - Million Dollar Leadership, DJ Harrington - Phone Skills, Corey George - Industry Update.
Tours: AxleTech, Ford Rouge Plant & Museum, Michigan Truck Parts, and LKQ Goody's Truck Parts.
Members in the Area:
Dana Corp - Maumee, OH (419-887-3000)
Weller Truck Parts, Farminton Hills, MI (800-493-1905)
Valley Truck Parts, Warren, MI (800-466-3003)
**Please Note: We will be dining at the Ford Rouge Plant not at the Henry Ford Museum.
Our Sponsors for Spring 2017:
ITPA Bylaw Changes for Member Review
The ITPA has been working very hard on bylaw changes for over 3 years. Last year, the Bylaw Committee spent numerous hours putting together recommendations for the board. The board has taken those recommendations and are proposing the following changes:
1. Article IV, Section III - Membership applications will be accepted on board majority instead of three quarters or greater vote.
Reason: All other board votes are majority.
2. Addition of Article XIII - The Board of Directors reserves the right to suspend portions or full sections of these Bylaws and can only do so by unanimous vote of the board. Each section, or portions of a section, to be suspended, can only be done so temporarily, and must be voted on separately. Any decisions, grandfather clauses, or nominations it determines must be in the best interest of its members, the association, or the industry.
Reason: It gives the board flexibility if they need to take action fast. Safeguard is the unanimous vote of the board.
3. Article IV, Section VIII - Initially, this was a separate article but moved under Members article. For member payment delinquencies, the verbiage was changed from 3 months of issuance of invoice to 3 months of the year the dues are paying.
Reason: It gives the ITPA office collection flexibility before involving the board.
4. The "2013-10-17 ITPA Bylaws" had many spelling errors and poor formatting. Without changing the text or the spirit of the bylaws, spelling, formatting, and structure was addressed. As a part of this change electronic methods of communication were added make the the bylaws current.
Reason: To clean up and make the bylaws easier to read. Also, to accommodate electronic methods for association communication.
5. Article IV, Section VII - Change of Ownership verbiage changed from having the member "reapply" to having the board "reassess" membership.
Reason: Prevents attrition of membership. Ownership changes happen all the time and is very restrictive the way the bylaw is currently written.
Thoughts? Comments? Please email or talk to a board member or the ITPA office. We want to hear from you.
Scott Babich- Midwest Truck & Auto
Shawn Andringa- Vander Haag's, Inc.
Andy Mundy- S&S Truck Parts
Sarah Anderson- Anderson Bros Inc.
Rudy Niswanger- Consolidated Truck Parts
Gerard Zentner- Capital Gear
Ryan Hochmiller- Active Truck Parts
Scott Tetz - ITPA Executive Director
The ITPA Needs You
Have you thought about how you will make a difference in the industry? Have you thought about what you will leave? Get involved. Call or email the ITPA office to find out how to make an impact: 1-866-346-5692 or info@ITPA.com.
TruckPro Buys Jack Lyons' Ft. Meyers Location
TruckPro, LLC ("TruckPro"), a leading distributor of heavy-duty truck and trailer products, recently announced that it has completed the purchase of Jack Lyons Truck Parts of Ft. Myers ("JLTP-Ft. Myers"). For over 30 years, the Florida-based company has been a leading retail provider of heavy-duty aftermarket truck parts with a rich history of exceptional service to a wide range of customers in South Florida.
This transaction does not affect the JLTP-Medley, Florida (Miami) operation which will remain under its current ownership by Jack Lyons Truck Parts.