July 2017 ITPA Bulletin
19 July 2017
ITPA Fall Meeting
Join us at the Historic Del Coronado
The ITPA invites you to a once in a lifetime opportunity to learn from a leader in the ultimate efficiency in team work under the most distressed of situations. For security reasons, we are not able to discuss his identity prior to the event and no cell phone use or photography will be allowed.
Thank you in advance for your understanding and cooperation with the security measures. We are excited to share this opportunity with you and hope you are able to attend.
For all meeting details click here: http://itpa.com/meetings.
Speakers & Entertainment:
Special Guest Speaker
Scott deMoulin - Working ON Your Business
Mark Eddie - He's Back Again! One of the best entertainers we've had.
Thank you to our Sponsors for Fall 2017:
ITPA Bylaw Changes for Member Review
The board has heard the comments and concerns of the membership and has made two major revisions.
1. Article XIII which gave the board sweeping powers to suspend bylaws, will not be added.
2. Article IV, Section III is re-worded to give the board some flexibility for potential members. IE: Joel Zaft at Southwest Drivetrain needing to wait 3 years to join.
Below is are the proposed changes which can be voted on by the board in 8 days:
1. Article IV, Section III - Membership applications will be accepted on board majority instead of three quarters or greater vote.
"Applicants for Primary or Associate Membership shall become Members at the discretion of the board and when approved by majority vote of the Board of Directors. Applications shall be considered by the Board only at its regularly scheduled or special meetings."
2. Article IV, Section VIII - Initially, this was a separate article but moved under Members article. For member payment delinquencies, the verbiage was changed from 3 months of issuance of invoice to 3 months of the year the dues are paying.
Reason: It gives the ITPA office collection flexibility before involving the board.
3. The "2013-10-17 ITPA Bylaws" had many spelling errors and poor formatting. Without changing the text or the spirit of the bylaws, spelling, formatting, and structure were addressed. As a part of this change electronic methods of communication were added to make the the bylaws current.
Reason: To clean up and make the bylaws easier to read. Also, to accommodate electronic methods for association communication.
4. Article IV, Section VII - Change of Ownership verbiage changed from having the member "reapply" to having the board "reassess" membership.
Reason: Prevents attrition of membership. Ownership changes happen all the time and is very restrictive the way the bylaw is currently written.
Thoughts? Comments? Please email or talk to a board member or the ITPA office. We want to hear from you.
Scott Babich- Midwest Truck & Auto
Shawn Andringa- Vander Haag's, Inc.
Andy Mundy- S&S Truck Parts
Sarah Anderson- Anderson Bros Inc.
Rudy Niswanger- Consolidated Truck Parts
Gerard Zentner- Capital Gear
Ryan Hochmiller- Active Truck Parts
Scott Tetz - ITPA Executive Director
Lifetime Achievement Nominations
Do you know someone who has made a lasting contribution to the truck parts industry? Have they given their time or resources to better the industry? Call or email the ITPA office to nominate: 1-866-346-5692 or info@ITPA.com.